To download this address: Click Here
Presidential Address Delivered to STAC Alumni Association to Commemorate Her 17th Anniversary, on May 27th, 2018
Calvary greetings to you all and happy 17th anniversary celebration.
On this special day, I write to congratulate you all for being part of the 17th Anniversary of our great Alumni Association. We thank the good Lord for thus far he has led us, it is my utmost prayer that He will continue to guide and lead us all successfully to our pre-destined end.
This year has really been a blessing to us all, as our theme of the year goes “Our Year of Faith and Work . . . James 2:17” we believe that in the remaining part of the year we shall continue to hear greater testimonies of the wonderful deeds of our Lord in the lives of every member of our association.
Usually, during occasions of this magnitude, we seize the opportunity to abreast ourselves of the origin of the alumni association, but this year because of the advent of technology, I shall not explain much but will encourage all of us especially our newly inducted members to visit our website on www.stacalumni.com/about-us to get a comprehensive history of the alumni association and other important articles of the alumni. In summary, we give special regards to Engr. Matthew Ayokunle Olota and the team of the pioneer executives for yielding to the call of the then Chaplain Rev. Fr. David Anekwe (C.S.Sp.) to create an alumni association. Kindly visit the above link for a detailed explanation.
So far, we thank the good Lord for the strength He has given us as executives to pilot the affairs of this great association. In course of the year, we had the following achievements:
- Increase in the welfare of our members by ensuring we have at least a representative in any of the events of our members.
- Incorporation of our birthday updates on our website since yahoo and gmail no longer offer the services of birthday auto notification. Realizing how important it is to wish a loved one “Happy Birthday” on his/her day made us to resolve to the use of our website, thanks to the alumni “I.T” team that assisted. You can visit www.stacalumni.com/birthday-celebrants/ daily to view birthday celebrants and wish them well in the comment session.
- The improvement and standardization of our alumni cooperative society (STAMCOS). It is our dream that the STAC Alumni Cooperative Society will soonest become the key cooperative society of all our members. We appreciate the team of the STAMCOS management executives for a job well done, you can get details about the cooperative on www.stacalumni.com/stamcos
- Mobilization and continuous awareness of the STAC Alumni Hostel Project, work is scheduled to commence hopefully by September as we await other members who are yet to key into the investment. Details of the hostel project can be found on www.stacalumni.com/hostel-update thanks to the members of the building committee.
- The improvement of the mentorship programme and provision of an official career nugget that will help not only the NFCSers but also our fresh graduates and those who need to diversify in their career, thanks to the mentorship coordinators. It is noted that there is a whatsapp group for the mentorship team (Alumni Coordinators) and the mentee (NFCSers) to ensure effective correspondence.
- Provision of IT placement for some NFCSers, although not quite comprehensive but we hope to do more subsequently. Hence we appeal that if you have vacancies for IT students in your places of work do kindly inform us.
- Financial support to the following:
- To the Spiritan Community (North-West) on the occasion of their annual harvest.
- To STAC Chaplaincy for the renovation and face lift of the church.
- To Rev. Fr. Chike Oguejiofor (C.S.Sp.) for solidarity on the Illusory alleged involvement in a police case. visit (www.stacalumni.com/father-oguejiofor-cleared-of-criminal-charges/) for details
- To NFCS for assistance in their academic seminar and transportation of the remedial students.
These past year haven’t been without challenges, below are some listed challenges we encountered:
- Lack of commitment from members and none participation of members to outlined zonal activities.
- Massive drift of members from Yahoo to Gmail hence our drive to transfer our database to Gmail group.
- Members hardly attend other members activities even when the event is within their zone.
- None payment of annual dues which we all know is our major source of income. Our annual dues register so far is on www.stacalumni.com/annual-dues/ you can see that only few people have paid, we appeal to all members to try and pay up their dues so as to enable us carry out the alumni activities effectively.
- Lack of jobs and viable means of livelihood by members which hampers their effective participation.
Our projection for the future is as detailed below:
- Increase our welfare and communication among members.
- Incorporate all alumni members with gmail account to our newly created gmail group. With respect to this, we promise that all alumni members on the database shall be called, so kindly oblige our executives when they call you.
- To aide communication across all members at an instant time, we have created a Telegram Group which will enable us communicate effectively among all members. Telegram is an instant messenger like WhatsApp but can accomodate larger members in a group, so please if you don’t have the telegram App yet, kindly download from the google play store and join our group chat on: https://t.me/joinchat/IqvDjFKCh_AVwVUyCy9A1A
- Mobilize our hostel project developer to commence the hostel project soonest.
The statistics of our database as well as our communication channels is as detailed below:
CHANNEL STATS LINK
Database: 953 –
Yahoogroup: 564 email@example.com
Facebook: 593 www.facebook.com/groups/stacalumni
SMS Portal: 723 STACAlumni
Twitter: 46 @STACAlumni
Instagram: 9 stacalumni
Telegram 11 https://t.me/joinchat/IqvDjFKCh_AVwVUyCy9A1A
Website 45 www.stacalumni.com
Our Alumni Association is growing daily and we keep trying to make necessary improvements to ensure it gets better. We sincerely appeal to you all to join us actively to take the alumni to its desired projection. I will like to remind you of the alumni quote which I always do on occasion like this: “What is my quota to the development and sustainability of STAC Alumni” It is my utmost prayer that the good Lord will continue to bless us all and grant us the greatest yearnings of our heart.
I thank you for your time, wishing us all a happy and fulfilling 17th Anniversary celebration.
Long Live NFCS!
Long Live STAC Alumni!!
Long Live the Catholic Church!!!
STAC Alumni…………One Big Family United in Christ.
President, STAC Alumni