Presidential Address Delivered to STAC Alumni Association to Commemorate Her
18th Anniversary, on May 26th, 2019
Calvary greetings to you all and happy 18th Anniversary Celebration.
March 27th , marks our anniversary, but we have decided to celebrate today to enable us have a collective thanksgiving in our various zones.
This year 2019 has been a great year for us as a body and as a nation at large, we thank the good Lord for how far He has led us, we pray He will continue to abide with us both now and forever.
The theme for our Alumni Association this year is “Our Year of Restoration… Jer. 30:17” the alumni has faced series of challenges but we are assured by our theme that all shall be restored to a greater glory. Even in our personal lives, we got reports of some difficult situations but we thank God that all has been restored to perfect glory.
Usually, during our anniversary celebration, for the benefits of our newly inducted members we try to refresh our memory to the history of the alumni but since we now have an active website, I will like us all to visit “www.stacalumni.com/about-us” to get a comprehensive history of our alumni association.
This year despite our challenges we have been able to achieve the following:
1. Continuous welfare of our members
2. Improved attendance to members events
3. Consistent birthday notification on our website
4. Improved communication Channels
5. Improved mentorship programme for the NFCS
6. Continuous assistance to the NFCS
7. Jobs/Scholarship notifications
8. Effective Cooperative Society
9. Intensified efforts on our hostel project
Challenges are meant to make us stronger, in the course of the year, we had the following challenges:
1. Economic instability of the country which has affected the attendance and effective participation of our members in various zonal activities.
2. Manual transfer of birthday updates from our website to our communication channels was a major challenge as most people felt ignored on their birthdays not knowing that it was actually published on the alumni website.
3. Lack of notification from members to the executives on their celebrations or difficulties.
4. Lack of jobs by some members.
5. Non-payment of annual dues
The statistics of our database as well as our communication channels is as detailed below:
1. Improve on our welfare scheme among members and ensure that zonal welfare create effective welfare committee to help meet the needs of members.
2. Improve on our communication platforms to ensure that viable and useful information are passed across our channels.
3. Complete the hostel project by ensuring massive publicity to members to invest in the project.
4. Cooperative society (STAMCOS) to be members first choice among other cooperative society they belong.
5. Intensify our prayer life most especially our first Friday.
6. This year is our year of election, we encourage us all to come around to elect competent leaders into various positions.
The alumni today has grown to a full adult (18 years), hence we all have a role to play to ensure its continuous greatness, we thank all who have contributed thus far to ensure the alumni gets to this standard today, I encourage us to do our best whenever we are called upon. STAC Alumni will surely continue to be great, always ensure you ponder on this alumni quote “What is my quota to the development and Sustainability of STAC Alumni”
God bless you all and happy 18th Anniversary Celebration.
Long Live NFCS!
Long Live STAC Alumni!!
Long Live the Catholic Church!!!
STAC Alumni…………One Big Family United in Christ.
President, STAC Alumni
To download this speech, please CLICK HERE