SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR INDIGENT FRESHERS
This scheme started in 2018 when it was ratified during the AGM, it is a scheme that helps to see the need of struggling and indigent NFCS freshers to keep up with their fees and hostel needs especially those who are active in church and NFCS activities.
We saw the need to help and it has since yielded positive results, for those of us present during the last year’s AGM, we could testify that the chaplain gave his appreciation for the gesture and presented an appreciation letter from the beneficiary.
Update thus far
So far, just one student is a beneficiary of this scheme, and she is currently in 300L
2018 – One student was sponsored with 100k
2019 – One student was sponsored with 100k
The only requirements are:
1. Must be recommended by the NFCS Excos
2. And must be approved by the Chaplain
The goal of this scheme is to be able to sponsor a minimum of two indigent fresh students in a year in t he tune of N100,000.00. Sponsoring these students to graduation will mean having to spend N800, 000.00 accumulatively in year for a four year course or N1,000,000.00 for a five year course.
Source of Funding
The only source of funding for this scheme is by donations, members are encouraged to be an indigent scholarship donor. There are a lot of poor students who struggle through school and sometimes the burden is on the chaplain to pay their fees especially for the active ones, so we are encouraged to be part of this scheme and change lives.
So far we have three donors to the scholarship scheme, but they have chosen to remain anonymous, we appeal to other members to key into this scheme.
How to be a Donor
1. Contact the alumni president Dr. Sly Boniface Orji via text message, whatsapp or call on 08065809369 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Indicate interest and state the amount you are willing to contribute to the scheme either yearly, one-off or for a certain number of years.
3. Your details will be saved and you shall be pre-informed prior to the commencement of the first semester of the Unilorin academic calender.
It is a thing of joy to be part of those helping people attain their dreams, we encourage as many as possible to key into this exercise.